SERTY and SER-kierrätys (SER-recycling) have a campaign in social media and radio channels regarding recycling refrigeration equipment, during the usual refrigeration unit changing season in Finland, from Midsummer until the end of August. The campaign is called Syöppö Virtanen (freely translated: ”Glutton Current”) and its Web address www.serkierratys.fi/syoppovirtanen will be found from 25th June (was available only in Finnish).
WEEE Classification Updates
According to the current legislation WEEE Classification will be changed starting from August 15th, 2018. SERTY Member Companies may however report recycling fees according to the current classification until the end of the year. We’ll send the price list entering into force on January 1st, 2019, along with new classes and subclasses by the end of September.
Collection in 2017
In 2017 SERTY collected 18,500 tons of electric and electronic appliance waste, which were appropriately handled and recycled. There were 458 local collection points and nearly 2000 store-located collection points. Stores’ collection amount in 2017 was 2690 tons.
Answers to Member Companies’ Questions:
• Your Company’s responsible of reporting recycling fees can make some changes in Numerus, e.g. to contacts or addresses. Only the name and registration number of the Company may not be changed, as they need to be aligned with the contract. Member companies are listed on the SERTY website.
• SERTY will not send invoices under 200 euros. When this threshold is met, a summary invoice will be created.
• Some Member Companies have marked decimals for B2B appliances. B2B appliances are reported by pieces, not by weight.
• In case the appliances include batteries when imported or released on the market, these are covered by the Producer Responsibility. SERTY members are to report batteries to Recser Oy. More information is available from Recser, email@example.com or +358 10 249 1704.
• Producer Responsibility regarding packaging is available at www.rinkiin.fi or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.